I started my doctoral study in Jan 2013 at doctoral college Adaptive Distributed Systems and received my PhD degree in Jan 2016. I have been a research assistant at Faculty of Informatics, Vienna University of Technology for three years. I have received both my BSc and MSc in Software Engineering at Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran.
I've given the following talks:
- "Coordinating CPU and Memory Elasticity Controllers to Meet Responses Time Constraints", IEEE International Conference on Cloud and Autonomic Computing (ICCAC 2015), Cambridge, MA, USA, 24 Sep, 2015. [slides]
- "Performance-based Vertical Memory Elasticity", was presented as a poster at 12th IEEE International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC 2015), 9 July 2015, Grenoble, France.
- "Self-adaptation Challenges for Cloud-based Applications: A Control Theoretic Perspective", remotely was presented at 10th International Workshop on Feedback Computing (Feedback Computing 2015), Seattle, USA, 13 April 2015. [slides]
- "Vertical Elasticity for Cloud-based Applications", (Distributed Systems group), Department of Computing Science, Umea Univerity, 5 March 2015, Umea, Sweden.
I've participated in the following events:
- Workshop on Distributed Adaptive Systems (DAS 2015), and Workshop on Self-Improving System Integration (SISSY 2015), 7-10 July 2015, Grenoble, France.
- 7th Cloud Control Workshop, 9-11 June 2015, Nasslingen, Sweden.
- Short Term Scientific Mission (STSM), Vertical Elasticity of CPU and Memory for Cloud-based Applications. COST Action IC1304 Autonomous Control for a Reliable Internet of Services (ACROSS), carried out at the Distributed Systems research group, Umea University, Sweden; 27 Feb-17 March, 2015.
- visited by Pooyan Jamshidi from Dublin City University (DCU), Ireland, as a collaboration work on "Self-adaptation of Cloud-based Applications via Vertical and Horizontal Elasticity", carried out at Vienna University of Technology, Austria, 16 Aug-1 Dec, 2014.
- ISCC 2013 (18th IEEE symposium on Computers and Communications)
- Euro-Par 2013 (19th International European Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing)
- Runtime Verification (RV) 2014 (14th International Conference on Runtime Verification)
- ICSOC 2014 and ICSOC 2015 (International Conference on Service Oriented Computing)
- UCC 2014 (7th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing)
- BDC 2014 (IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Big Data Computing)
- CCGrid 2014 and CCGrid 2015 (International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing)
- IEEE Cloud 2015 (8th IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing)
- GECON 2015 (12th International Conference on Economics of Grids, Clouds, Systems, and Services)
- WORKS 2015 (10th Workshop on Workflows in Support of Large-Scale Science)
- Dmytro Grygorenko, "Cost-based Decision Making in Cloud Environments using Bayesian Networks", Master Thesis, Finished (Aug 2014).
- Soodeh Farokhi, Pooyan Jamshidi, Ewnetu Bayuh Lakew, Ivona Brandic, and Erik Elmroth, ""A Hybrid Cloud Controller for Vertical Memory Elasticity: A Control-theoretic Approach", Future Generation Computer Systems (FGCS) 65, The International Journal of Grid Computing and eScience, pp. 57-72, June 2016.
- Soodeh Farokhi, Amirreza Ghaffari, Hassan Haghighi, and Fereidoon Shams, "MDCHeS: Model-driven Dynamic Composition of Heterogeneous Service", Special Issue of International Journal of Communications, Network and System Sciences (IJCNS), Volume 05, Number 29A, California, USA, September 2012.
- Soodeh Farokhi*, Dmytro Grygorenko*, and Ivona Brandic "VM Placement across Distributed DCs using Bayesian Networks", 12th International Conference on Economics of Grids, Clouds, Systems, and Service (GECON 2015), Springer LNCS, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 15-17 Sep, 2015. (* contributed equally) [slides]
- Soodeh Farokhi*, Ewnetu Bayuh Lakew*, Cristian Klein, Ivona Brandic, and Erik Elmroth, "Coordinating CPU and Memory Elasticity Controllers to Meet Responses Time Constraints", IEEE International Conference on Cloud and Autonomic Computing (ICCAC 2015), pp. 69-80, IEEE, Cambridge, MA, USA, 21-24 Sep, 2015. (* contributed equally) [slides]
- Soodeh Farokhi, Pooyan Jamshidi, Drazen Lucanin, and Ivona Brandic, "Performance-based Vertical Memory Elasticity", 12th IEEE International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC 2015), pp. 151-152, IEEE, Gronoble, France, July 7-10, 2015
- Soodeh Farokhi, Pooyan Jamshidi, Ivona Brandic, and Erik Elmroth, "Self-adaptation Challenges for Cloud-based Applications: A Control Theoretic Perspective", 10th International Workshop on Feedback Computing (Feedback Computing 2015), Seattle, USA, April 13, 2015. [slides]
- Soodeh Farokhi, "Towards an SLA-based Service Allocation in Multi-Cloud Environments", Doctoral Symposium 14th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid 2014), pp. 591-594, IEEE, USA, May 26-29, 2014.
- Soodeh Farokhi, Foued Jrad, Ivona Brandic, and Achim Streit, "HS4MC: Hierarchical SLA-based Service Selection for Multi-Cloud Environments", In Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Cloud Computing and Services Science, (CLOSER 2014), pp. 722-734, SciTe Press, Barcelona, Spain, April 3-5, 2014. [slides]
- Soodeh Farokhi, Amirreza Ghaffari, Ali Nikravesh, and Fereidoon Shams, "A Model Driven Framework to Compose Heterogeneous Services", IEEE International Conference on Information Science and Applications (ICISA 2011), pp. 552-561, 2011.
- Ali Nikravesh, Fereidoon Shams, Soodeh Farokhi, Amirreza Ghaffari, "2PSIM: Two Phase Service Identifying Method", On the Move to Meaningful Internet Systems Conferences (OTM 2011), pp. 625-634, Springer, 2011.
PhD Thesis:Quality of Service Control Mechanisms in Cloud Computing Environments, Vienna University of Technology, Austria, January 2016. Adviser: Dr. Ivona Brandic. External examiner: Prof. Erich Schikuta, [slides]
Master Thesis:Semi-automated Model Driven Web Service Composition, Shahid Beheshti University, Iran, May 2010 (written in Persian). Advisor: Dr. Fereidoon Shams, External examiner: Dr. Raman Ramsin.
Copyright policy: Several papers are available for download. By following these links you agree to respect the copyrights of the papers.
The papers obtained from this Web page are included by the contributing authors as a means to ensure timely dissemination of scholarly and technical work on a non-commercial basis. Copyright and all rights therein are maintained by the authors or by other copyright holders, notwithstanding that they have offered their works here electronically. It is understood that all persons copying this information will adhere to the terms and constraints invoked by each author's copyright. These works may not be reposted without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.